What it is:
This make-a-toy-kit grew our of our work as trainers of middle and high-school teens. We use many techniques to train entrepreneurship, problem solving, critical thinking and confidence. This is highly successful.
How this works:
This kit has everything needed to make the red alpaca next to the postal box. See the Etsy pictures for other fabrics and colors for educational toy projects.
Well-planned crafting is hugely successful as a personal, family or group/class activity. It creates confidence and many sub-skills.
Where to get it:
We therefore made an “everything-included” kit. The picture shows a Holiday Alpaca. This is available on Etsy.com at https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/TheWayMoreCreative/tools/listings/258627905.
What is in the kit?
– One cut-out and pinned alpaca. (Choice of fabric, color etc.)
– One reel of matching thread.
– One sewing kit by Singer (see picture).
– Neck ribbon (in a color of your choosing).
– High-end crafter’s filling for your alpaca.
– A thin wooden rod (“chopstick”) to help you fill corners with filling (stuffing).
– A basic saddle and attachment strap in canvas.
– Braid (in a color of your choosing) to edge the saddle (in a color of your choosing).
– Buttons for the base of the eyes to sew on securely though the head.
– Eyes to glue the eyes safely and securely onto the buttons.
– One spare button and one spare eye.
– Superglue for gluing on eyes.
– Toothpick for applying superglue.
– Instructions for beginners.
– Instructions for experienced sewers.
You can choose other animals, colors, fabrics, sizes etc. These are also available in school Packies made by girls copy or facility class sets. Just email www.c-psolutions.com. There are more pictures on Etsy.com. Each make-a-toy-kit includes detailed instructions.